Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monterosso, Vernazza, and locks of love

Well today we finally locked our love. Mom and Dad shared one lock and tossed the keys gracefully into the water, never to be found. Bailey and I, both waiting for Mr. Right, chained our live along the walk and also tossed the keys in. That was this morning, after that we trained to Corniglia and started our hike from there. Let me say, that hike is not for the faint of heart. That is for a person looking to participate on 'The Biggest Loser.' I have done it once, never to do it again, EVER!!! And guess what, tomorrow is another gut wrenching hike, longer this time! Today's hike was 4km and took us just over 2 hours. Yeah, that bad. Tomorrow's beautiful hike is 3km and an estimated 2 hours, though since the 4km one was an estimated 1.5 hours, we should be hiking for...(doing the math) 7 hours, I think. We spent the rest of the day at the beach keepIng me, Tia, out of the sun as much as possible. My burn from yesterday is so bad, you get burnt just from looking at me. We had another delicious supper and continued to play our all-time favorite game Bananagrams. Mom and Dad now out on a walk and me and Bailey are trying to complete this blog via iPod touch, not as easy as it looks!

The first view of Riomaggiore.

The archway above the Via Dell Amore. aka The Tunnel of Love.

Mom and Dads imprint on the tunnel. 

Locking the love.


Throwing away the key, never to be found!

On the exhausting hike. In the dead heat of the day, walking from Corniglia to Vernazza.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on the blog entry, girls - especially on an iPod! The hiking sounds...fun... especially with a sunburn. I'm sure the scenery made it all worth it! Glad you're getting in some games of bananagrams - are you spelling words in French & Italian? Let us know how today's hike went. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, yeah, I'm sure it's pretty tricky doing much typing on the iPod!

    Hope you enjoyed today's hike - I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! As long as they don't all look like the one at the top. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tia and Bailey...that is final...YOU HAVE GOT TO BECOME WRITERS!! You have away with words and I just want to read more...THUS THE JOURNAL!! Hey..did you think of MOI as you were walking??? YES...I TOO CAN SAY I HAVE DONE THE HIKE!! And to say it was hard and that it was hot and sticky and humid....is an understatement...but to say you will never do it again!!! That I do not believe...because I would do it tomorrow. So Baby...ENJOY...cause YOU ARE THERE AND I AM HERE!! Miss you all tons...luv Auntie B

    ReplyDelete